Checking when SCREEN_RESOURCES property is updated

Xaro cat at heaven.ist
Fri Jan 7 08:29:50 UTC 2022

Hello,

I have an application that reads some Xresources file configs to update its theme.

So i use XOpenDisplay, XResourceManagerString and XrmGetStringDatabase from libx11 to get the fields that i want.

My problem is when the user update the Xresources file then run `xrdb ~/.Xresources` my version of the database is not updated, and i dont know how to detect such an event.

I can retrieve the theme for example every 10 seconds but that is too much. Is there a way or a blocking function I can use to detect if the SCREEN_RESOURCES property for a screen has been updated so that i can retrieve it and update the application theme?

I'm not very knowledgeable about C or X11 in general but I'm trying my best to learn, couldn't find what i want in the documentation.

If someone knows the direction i should be looking for I will really appreciate it.

Thanks.