X11 cut (as cut/paste) accuracy

Carsten Haitzler raster at rasterman.com
Tue Feb 1 10:27:20 UTC 2022

On Tue, 1 Feb 2022 10:42:14 +0100 Phi Debian <phi.debian at gmail.com> said:

> Hi Carsten, thanks for your reply, if you have some more cycles for me :)
> just curious I am using mate and xterm most of the time, so where should I
> look mate or xterm?

Xterm I think will be doing its own handling of selections as it is
implementing a terminal emulator which is a very specific kind of text display
- so ... xterm code itself.

Having implemented a terminal emulator (terminology) and whole UI toolkit too
myself... I know how this is done and selections will select an entire text
char if the pointer enters that char at all - so pointer is anywhere over the
char and then it's selected. That's what I implemented as it's logical and
consistent. I have never looked at what xterm has done.

Carsten Haitzler - raster at rasterman.com