ButtonRelease event when focus changed

Carsten Haitzler raster at rasterman.com
Sat May 1 12:04:05 UTC 2021

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 15:05:35 +0300 Rokas Kupstys <rokupstys at gmail.com> said:

in x, a button press implicitly grabs the mouse to that window you pressed on.
that's why you can press, drag out of the window far away and release the
mouse and the original window gets the motion events outside of the window and
the release.

what you need to do is ungrab the mouse pointer to release this implicit grab.
you will no longer have this implicit grab and you won't get the above "get
mouse moves + release when pointer is outside of the window". you can now
instead grab the pointer to the new target window to lock it in there for
events like the implicit grabs above to get the kind of behaviour your probably
expect.