How to make xinit / startx to read my custom xorg.conf.d files?

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmx.de
Fri Jul 9 13:44:11 UTC 2021

This has nothing to do w/ xinit or lightdm.
The driver match isn't met because of a race condition that has the GPU
not ready before systemd kicks off the graphical.target.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/NVIDIA#DRM_kernel_mode_setting
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Kernel_mode_setting#Early_KMS_start