How to make a custom xkb layout/variant mapping permanent in an xorg session?

aprekates aprekates at posteo.net
Tue Feb 9 12:06:08 UTC 2021

Thanks for the reply.

I also found scattered sites proposing sth in the lines of:

You can make the setting persistent by creating and X config file in|/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/|  with the specific settings.

|Section "InputClass" Identifier "keyboard defaults" MatchIsKeyboard
"on" Option "XkbModel" "x1carbon" Option "XkbLayout" "us,de" Option
"XKbOptions" "" EndSection ps: the messages take a day+ to appear in the
list .Is this technical issue? |