Configure Output 2 Monitors

Chris Sorenson csoren at cpinternet.com
Fri Dec 24 22:55:16 UTC 2021

On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 12:00:02 +0000, xorg-request at lists.x.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 20:14:46 -0500
> From: kingdsand
> To: Chris Sorenson , xorg at lists.x.org
> Subject: Re: xorg Digest, Vol 197, Issue 8
>
> Hello, sometimes it happens that the laptop screen is disabled and the two
> monitors through the USB-C port work well, in others it happens that one of
> the monitors in usb c only works and they are connected with the adapter,
> other times it confuses the HDMI treats it like USB-C or all the other way
> around.
>
> El lun, 20 dic 2021 a las 18:30, Chris Sorenson ()
> escribi?:
>
> > How about:
> >
> > xrandr --addmode DP-1-0.1 1920x1080
> > xrandr --addmode DP-1-0.2 1920x1080

Do you have an xorg.conf? Which is to say, an /etc/X11/xorg.conf - if so rename it to something else, xorg.temp or just anything, and try starting X again. My system (for example) doesn't need an xorg.conf and if I've got one X won't start. Just by way of info I'm on Slackware 64 - current.

If X won't start once you're renamed xorg.conf, reply with the error message and rename your xorg.conf back to, well, xorg.conf - at which point you should be back to having some one or another of your monitors working again.