Motif/Xt: Dynamically resize the visible item count of an XmList

Holger Sebert holger.sebert at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Dec 2 23:35:07 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have an XmList (actually a ScrolledList) inside a RowColumn widget.

The visible item count of the list is configured at widget creation
time. When the RowColumn widget is resized, I would like to adapt that
visible item count to the new size of the parent widget.

Is there an easy way to do this?

What I have come up with so far in theroy is to do the following:
Listen to the resize event of the RowColumn widget, recompute the
visible line count in a callback and then set it explicitly using
XtSetValues(XmNvisibleItemCount).

Unfortunately, I have not found any callback resource in the RowColumn
widget.

How can I listen to resize events of a widget?

Best,
Holger