Question regarding XFixesSelectCursorInput

Yann Holme Nielsen yann at liz3.net
Sun Aug 29 09:22:01 UTC 2021

Good day,
I have written the question I am concerned with question on the Stackoverflow page, see: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68970118/x11-listen-for-cursor-style-updates-of-nested-windowschrome <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68970118/x11-listen-for-cursor-style-updates-of-nested-windowschrome>

But the summary is:
I am using XFixesSelectCursorInput to listen for cursor events on the root window, in order to receive all style changes regarding the cursor.
As it seams this will not work with the chromium Web browser, either because it uses nested windows or because of another issue.
My problem Is if there is a way to receive the cursor changes(like hovering over a link) using the Xlib api.

Kind regards
Yann HN