No keysyms send on level 7+

pillule pillule at riseup.net
Fri Sep 4 12:16:33 UTC 2020

Hello,

I have noticed some unexpected behaviors while modifying my keymap,
For example, in some case I lose level 7 & 8 on some keys. The keys
concerned are not always the same, it may depend on what modifications
I have done.

However, all modifications are correctly parsed by setxkbmap and xkbcomp when I
import/export the map.

Another example is losing a Shift key under certain circumstances such
as defining 4 Shift keys (it's not I need that but still worth
mentionning) or actually in combinaison with my Fn key (one shift does
not respond to all combinaisons).

This last point make me think it is maybe related to my hardware ?
It is something knowed that we can't abuse at will of the last layers?
If i must fill a bug report, where should I send it?