Ryzen 4500U Integrated graphics - found no way to make it work

Martin Wagner mail at mwrsa.de
Mon Nov 23 20:16:45 UTC 2020

Dear mailing list,

for my new job I got a just as new HP Probook X360 435 G7, featuring
the AMD CPU/GPU I named above (Ryzen 5 4500U) - and I found no way so
far to make it work in any Linux I could think of. I get either a low
resolution (SVGA on older kernel or current 5.8 kernel with nomodeset
option) or a black screen on boot on any distribution I tried so far
with a recent kernel (which is Mint, Ubuntu Mate, Fedora, openSUSE,
Manjaro, Debian, maybe one or two I forgot).

First of all: A lot of troubleshooting happened here already, there you
can also find a ton of log outputs:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=334399

(Linux Mint is my preferred distribution pretty much since it came into
existence.)

Can you offer any way to make it work, any kind of help beyond what I
already tried? Post #27 on that forum thread also contains an
Xorg.0.log.old, which is one of the black screen boots of course.

Please let me know if I can provide you any further information. Thank
you.

Tc, Martin