Different output between xrandr and xdpyinfo

Ilya Anfimov ilan at tzirechnoy.com
Wed Nov 18 19:56:14 UTC 2020

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 09:47:00AM +0800, limh at sunray.cn wrote:
>    Hi

 Good day.

>    I'm using hdmi and lvds with touch screen. But the touch screen can move
>    the pointer between two monitors like the picture now.png.
>    But I want my touch screen to be applied on lvds like I want.png
>    So I follow arch wiki to set the configuration. But I found xrandr showed
>    only one screen:
>    root at imx6qsabresd:~# xrandr
>
>    Screen 0: minimum 240 x 240, current 1024 x 768, maximum 8192 x 8192
>    DISP3 BG connected 1024x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
>    0mm x 0mm
>       1024x768_60.00  59.92*+
>    xdpyinfo showed two screens.
>    Here is xdpyinfo's output and /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>    Also, I found the HDMI screen's cursor is a cross(the same as  'X').
>    How to solve these problems?
>    Regards
>    Mihan

 Well,  several  screens is a rather ancient attempt to resolving
multihead configurations. It is not well supported  by  apps  and
DEs now.

 Currently,  the  usual  way  is  a single (virtual) Screen, with
xrandr managing multiple monitors on it.
 In xorg.conf it is specified in a Display SubSection of a Screen
section.
 Some good examples can be found e.g. here:

   https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Multihead