Will an Intel UHD 630 controller support 2 3840x2160 monitors

John W. Himpel john at jlhimpel.net
Mon May 18 21:14:59 UTC 2020

All,

If this is the wrong place to ask, please excuse me.

I am running Fedora Linux v32 (Workstation edition).

I currently have an onboard Intel UHD 630 graphics controller.  It is
driving a Samsung 3840x2160 (60Hz) monitor via DisplayPort and a Arenos
1680x1050 monitor via HDMI.

I'm a business applications developer and not a gamer.  My vision isn't
quite as good as it used to be.

I would like to replace the Arnos monitor with another Samsung
3840x2160 (60 Hz) monitor.  Before I sink that money, will the Intel
graphics controller support that replacement monitor at that resolution
via HDMI?

Thanks.

John