losing touchpad events in some windows

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Mar 9 00:48:30 UTC 2020

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 01:25:48PM -0800, Konstantin Sobolev wrote:
> Hi
>
> > I'm running xorg-server 1.20.6 with xorg-drivers 1.20 on Dell Precision
> > 9540
> > > libinput is used for input, with touchpad using i2c_hid driver, this is
> > on
> > > 5.5.7 kernel
> > >
> > > Sometimes (after suspend/resume?) touchpad taps and two finger scroll
> > stops
> > > working in some windows, which spreads to all windows after a while.
> > > "libinput debug-events" still shows all the events correctly when this
> > > happens, but "xev" does not.
> >
> > There's a regression in libinput 1.15.1 and to a lesser extent 1.15.2. If
> > you're on either of those upgrading to 1.15.3 (released today) should fix
> > it. Assuming this is the problem anyway.
> >
> > Also, libevdev 1.9.0 because it's all somewhat interconnected.
> >

> I'm on
> libinput 1.14.3
> xf86-input-libinput 0.29.0
> libevdev 1.8.0
>
> do you know if these are affected?

Not by that specific bug above, no. Time to file a bug against libinput, I
guess.

Note that the libinput debug-events output may be a false positive, you'd
have to keep it running across the suspend/resume cycle to have it trigger
the same issues. If you start it once the bug occured, you'll have missed
the trigger.

Cheers,
   Peter