Xorg.0.log stuck, never stops

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Sun Jun 14 12:27:04 UTC 2020

> I just noticed my Xorg.0.log is growing, probably will continue to grow
> untill the 64GB card is used up, adding this stanza every few minutes:
>
> [320458.839] (--) modeset(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz

Do you have anything that might call xrandr or another program at
regular intervals?  Can't think what else would be continually querying
the display settings.

Does it still happen if all the monitors are unplugged?  Just to rule
out any sort of hotplug-related weirdness.

I guess if nothing else you could always add "-logfile /dev/null" to the
X command line as a last resort.

Cheers,
Adam.