xserver-xorg-video-dummy driver XORG and X11vnc on Android chroot

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel janusz.chmiel at volny.cz
Thu Jan 30 09:44:31 UTC 2020

Dear Xorg advanced programmers.
Because I do not see at all, XVFB is perfect solution, but it transfer also
picture by using VNC protocol. And it allocates some RAM and require more
CPU resources. Because I really do not see at all, and because Orca screen
reader do not require real display driver hardware for getting information
about objects, I have kind plea to all of you, who have deep knowledge of
XORG source code.

Xorg will never run for Me even with xserver-xorg-video-dummy driver  in
chroot ANdroid environment, becauser some of Xorg parts require information
about virtual console. Which sure do not exist.

How complex would be to recode whole XORG so it would run even in so non
standard environment? Without console? I guess, that it will not only
require to remove some 2 4 lines from source and recompile it to function?

XVFB do not allow to use dummi driver, I think so, may be, that I Am wrong.
So I would use VNC protocol and Android VNC client only for XKB protocol not
for picture. Or do you think, that this idea would only save very limited MB
of RAM?

Now, I can use XVFB and Simple remote from MR Jordano to support keyboard
and I Am using Pulseaudio for Termux to play sound and it work smoothly. I
had to use Inet socket instead of faster Unix socket on Android 8. It do not
produce so bad sound output.

Sure, if you will give Me advice which source lines from Xorg could I
comment or remove, i will do it my self and I will recompile on my own risk.