How to start with X?

Carsten Haitzler raster at rasterman.com
Fri Jan 24 15:57:49 UTC 2020

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 16:38:18 +0100 Emanuele Petriglia
<inbox at emanuelepetriglia.com> said:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the advice. Do you have any thoughts about the book? I found also
> a digital version thanks to Lucien.

That's the book i started with back in like 1995 or so... :) It will teach you
some stuff. It will not cover everything. You'll only really learn by doing the
hard yards and doing lots yourself, and as your journey moves along, ask
questions of those who may have been there before you.

This is also a reason to stick with Xlib - that book will not cover xcb.