USB2VGA SIS or Displaylink DL-165

Böszörményi Zoltán zboszor at pr.hu
Thu Jan 2 18:02:24 UTC 2020

2020. 01. 02. 18:08 keltezéssel, KKing írta:
> Hi Zoltán
>
> Thankyou for all that information.
>
> I will have to try and find time to look into those changes. couple of questions:
>
> 1. Can I (or should I) be applying those kernel changes to the same version of kernel in
> use by each unit?

The only kernel change quoted was in the mail, a single line was changed in swiotlb.h
It should apply practically any recent kernel version.

The 3 links contained Xorg server code changes so they need to be applied
to the Xorg X-server sources and rebuilt.

> 2. Or do the changes have to be made to a more recent kernel version?
>
> 3. Also I forgot to mention on one of my units I have a bootup msg of "KVM disable by
> BIOS" would that affect any of this?

I don't know. As far as I know, KVM is short for
Keyboard-Video-Mouse switcher and I only used an
external one that the computer had no control over.

If you meant KVM as the Linux kernel VM hypervisor, then no.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi