Why does X11 generate an extra SHIFT when I press Shift+KP_1 ?

Sreyan Chakravarty sreyan32 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:45:55 UTC 2020

> -- some keyboard switching applet, that uses XTest to do that.

I doubt that this some application running in the background because I have
faced this problem on MX Linux XFCE, Fedora KDE, Manjaro KDE, Manjaro KDE.

There is one detail that I have left out and I don't see how that can
affect anything ----- I am running in VirtualBox. All these OSes I have
tested in Oracle VirtualBox, my host OS is Windows 8.1 which handles
Shift+KP_1 with numlock on perfectly.

So the question is that is there any way VirtualBox can be causing this, I
don't think it is interfering but you be the judge of that.

> -- some strange intellectual behaviour of the hardware (keyboard itself).

I hope not. Windows seems to handle this perfectly.

Output of  :
xkbcomp "$DISPLAY" /tmp/dump.xkb

https://pastebin.com/trELUzsP

It is 1912 lines so I used pastebin.

Please let me know if you find anything.

--
Regards,
Sreyan Chakravarty