Captchas on x.org use non-free Javascript code

Claus Assmann ml+xorg at esmtp.org
Sun Aug 2 10:37:43 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 01, 2020, Andrea Monaco wrote:

> I tried to join your mailing lists on
> https://www.x.org/wiki/XorgMailingLists, but I couldn't because
> apparently my LibreJS plugin (version 7.20.2) on Firefox blocked the

Have you tried to subscribe via e-mail?

xorg-request at ...
    ^^^^^^^^

If you send the help command to that address, you should get back
something like:

    subscribe [password] [digest|nodigest] [address=<address>]
        Subscribe to this mailing list.  Your password must be given to
        unsubscribe or change your options, but if you omit the password, one
        will be generated for you.  You may be periodically reminded of your
        password.

At least that worked "back then" when I subscribed
(why use some web stuff when subscribing to an e-mail list?)