Touchpad gesture events via XInput2?

Michael Weiser michael at weiser.dinsnail.net
Mon Sep 23 15:32:08 UTC 2019

Hello Peter,

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 01:42:05PM +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:

> There's going to be a lot more detail to it than it may seem on the surface
> too, usually any attempts to add new input events come to a halt when it
> comes to figuring out how grabs will work with those new events in a
> backwards compatible manner.

> But yeah, adding gestures to XI2 (or a new extension, but I'm not sure that
> would make things easier) is the likely best option. Note that "best"
> doesn't mean "easy" :)

Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. To not leave this
thread dangling I just want to respond that an undertaking of this
magnitude is currently beyond what I can invest time-wise. But I'll be
happy to be the first to try out and review anything anyone comes up
with. :)
--
Thanks, Micha