Adding keyboard variant

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Sep 20 04:21:45 UTC 2019

On 9/17/19 6:45 AM, Marko Majetić wrote:
> Hi there !
>
> I have made the Colemak keyboard variant for Croatian layout.
>
> It is available on GitHub here: https://github.com/m-majetic/linux-croatian-colemak
>
> If you are interested in packaging Colemak variants for other language layouts,
> I am sure I can contribute.

Thanks, but XKB keyboard layouts are handled by our sibling project,
xkeyboard-config, not by X.Org ourselves - I've cc'ed the mailing list
needed to reach them.   You can read more about them at:

  https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/XKeyboardConfig/
  https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/XKeyboardConfig/Development/
  https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/XKeyboardConfig/Rules/
  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xkeyboard-config/xkeyboard-config

Note that both X.Org & xkeyboard-config use the MIT license, not the GPL license
you've used in your github repo.

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc