Input driver on 1.15.1 vs. 1.19.6

Software Orchestration softorchestra at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 18:34:25 UTC 2019

On Thursday, October 10, 2019, 9:35:57 PM PDT, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:
 > provided that you switch the SIGIO bits over to handle input threads instead.

I saw this page on the Xorg site:

https://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/XorgInputHOWTO/

But if I'm not mistaken, from what Peter was saying this would be the old style and not the input threaded version, correct? Seems like they're usingĀ

I believe what Peter was suggesting is to replace the SIGIO with the following?

https://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/InputEventProcessing/

Seems like there's a lot of old documentation on the Xorg site also.

I'm trying to decide where a good point to start is, whether I start trimming down and use the synaptic driver, or create a new skeleton. There's a lot of stuff I don't need in the synaptics, so if I go that route I will try to remove the un-needed stuff.

Any comments?

Alan