UDL device cannot get its own screen

Böszörményi Zoltán zboszor at pr.hu
Thu Nov 14 08:50:19 UTC 2019

2019. 11. 13. 19:08 keltezéssel, Böszörményi Zoltán írta:
> 2019. 11. 13. 18:25 keltezéssel, Ilia Mirkin írta:
>>
>> Have you looked at setting AutoAddGPU to false? AutoBindGPU is too
>> late -- that's when you already have a GPU, whether to bind it to the
>> primary device (/screen/whatever). You need to not have a GPU in the
>> first place.
>
> Yes, I tried AutoAddGPU=false. Then the UDL device was not set up at all.
>
> What I noticed in debugging Xorg via GDB is that the UDL device was
> matched to the wrong platform device in xf86platformProbeDev.
> [long details deleted]

Now the xserver MR is at https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/merge_requests/335
with explaining the same as I wrote in the previous mail in the commit message.

I have also created https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/merge_requests/336
to fix the same issue when using BusID for the UDL device.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi