X server not displaying custom resolution & refresh rate

Embedded Engineer embed786 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 05:34:26 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am working on an Nvidia based SoC (Tegra K1) and trying to display a
custom resolution with specific refresh rate (say AxB 50Hz
Interlaced). For this purpose, I have hard-coded the EDID information
for my required configuration in Linux kernel's video driver. Now what
issue I'm facing is that when I boot the board, I get the required
output (AxB 50Hz Interlaced) on my display while kernel logs are being
printed on screen, BUT as soon as the X server starts, the output
timing parameters are changed to AxB 25Hz Progressive.

Can someone confirm why X server is not giving output as per EDID information?

P.S:  I also tried generating xorg.conf file and setting the above
mentioned resolution settings but still the output is same.

Regards