2019 Xorg Election Results

Navare, Manasi D manasi.d.navare at intel.com
Mon May 13 14:47:36 UTC 2019

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to be on the X.org board. I look forward to active participation in the upcoming conferences as well as mentorship for Google SOC.
I am currently on vacation till May 16th with limited email access and will resume attending the board meetings after that.

Regards
Manasi

Total membership 84; total votes 65; which makes for a 77.4% voter turnout. Here are the results:

Board Members:
   Name                       1   2   3   4   5   6  Score
   Daniel Vetter             27  10  14   6   2   6   296
   Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez 11  10  13  15  10   6   239
   Lyude Paul                10  12  13  12  12   6   238
   Manasi Navare              8  13   7  16  18   3   228
   Trevor Woerner             4  14  10  10   8  19   199
   Arkadiusz Hiler            5   6   8   6  15  25   165

So that means our new board members are:

   Daniel Vetter
   Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez
   Lyude Paul
   Manasi Navare

Please welcome our new members to the board!

In the interest of transparency I should mention that one person accidentally signed up twice and voted twice. Luckily this doesn't change the results of the election since there is more than a 6-point gap between 4th and 5th place. We'll take this as a reminder to have a better look at membership sign-ups.

It should also be noted that even though our election process as outlined at https://www.x.org/wiki/BoardOfDirectors/Elections/ allows denying candidates any points our website didn't take this into account and forced voters to rank every candidate. Due to the lack of controversy about the candidates we don't expect this to have had any impact on the final results.

Thanks,
Harry Wentland,
On behalf of the Xorg Elections Committee