Problem with mapping a key to multiple characters (Unicode + diacritic symbol)

Ilya Anfimov ilan at tzirechnoy.com
Thu Mar 14 14:09:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 02:04:11PM +0100, Pierre-Luc Angles wrote:
> Dear Ilya, dear all,
>
> thanks again for your answers.
>
> Without knowing if this is the good direction, I have tested to change
> ~/.XCompose by typing first the diacritic and then the "diacriticised"
> letter, but it does not make differences in LibreOffice and in Firefox. Note
> that when I type AltGr+& in Firefox, it remains an ampersand whereas in
> LibreOffice it appears as nothing and does not react.

 Shouldn't   work:   I   had  tested  it  with  LO  and  assigned
<i_breve_below> to KP_Multiply, with your ~/.XCompose string, and
it typed OK and i without a dot and with a breve below.

 Well,  it should just work another way: adding breve to previous
symbol and typing i without a dot.

[skipped]

PS Well... AltGr... or LevelThree... I have never seen a  working
setup  with that keys so far. Not sure even how it is supposed to
work (isn't Alt* is invoking menu action in most toolkits?). Per-
haps, adding your full xkb mapping may somewhat advance our stud-
ies.