Problem with mapping a key to multiple characters (Unicode + diacritic symbol)

Ilya Anfimov ilan at tzirechnoy.com
Wed Mar 13 10:56:38 UTC 2019

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 11:37:51AM +0100, Pierre-Luc Angles wrote:
> Dear Ilya, dear all,
>
> Thanks for your quick and nice answer. So would you recommend me to use, for
> my XKeysymDB file, 7bit characters (e.g. 1888885 to 188888F) instead of the
> last positions of allowed ones (i.e. 8bit characters 1FFFFFF5 to 1FFFFFFF)
> or would recommend other positions like private use area Unicode (for
> example F8F5 to F8FF) ?

 (Well,  I'm suspecting that I shouldn't disorient your work with
that comment about numerology and last numbers).

 I'd better take something like 0x10005001 - 0x100050FF

 Also, 8-bit was about character names -- your  fancy
i without dot  and  c with caron, better spell keysyms
with it like i_without_dot_ring_above and c_with_caron_dot_below,
and not include  unicode symbols with values over 0x7F
in keysym names.