xorg/app/xmore: first gitlab merge request - xmore license information

Samy Mahmoudi samy.mahmoudi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 03:20:38 UTC 2019

In an effort to set proper licensing information within the FreeBSD port
system, I am wondering if someone knows xmore well enough to properly
replace the stub file COPYING with a proper COPYING file.

• Hand-written files mostly contain headers with variants of X11/MIT.
• Files generated by autotools obviously contain GPL headers (or FSF
headers not mentioning GPL).

Therefore I suggest to replace current content of COPYING, as in:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/app/xmore/merge_requests/1/diffs?commit_id=f1d979d7a304113ab5df35971c440e6a76761ad9

Do you think this is acceptable ?