About Cross-Compilation

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 15:58:44 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-01-10 at 11:58 +0530, Milav wrote:

> Hello Friends,
>
> My name is Milav Soni From Teq Diligent.
>
> I downloaded "renderproto-0.11.1" from xorg site.

You probably want xorgproto instead at this point.

> After execute above command i run make command. but i am not able to run make command. I face following error.
>
>     root at ubuntu:/home/teqdiligent/HMI_SCADA/Phytec_Lib/renderproto/renderproto-0.11.1# make
>
>     make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

That's not an error. There really is nothing to be done. renderproto
only contains header files that other modules need for their build
process. The header files are not generated, so there really is no work
to do at the 'make' step. 'make install' will still do what you expect.

- ajax