virtualhead and radeon hd 7290

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Sun Dec 29 10:22:42 UTC 2019

Hello :-)

I use to tweak intel video but here it's a radeon one

http://www.dodin.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Doc.AddXResolution

and sometime it needs  a virtual screen VIRTUAL1 (for example).

I now have a laptop with c-70/radeon HD7290 and I would like to get the
same virtual screen, but can't find a way to do so.

Notice there is nothing mandatory here. The computer is a 12" aspire one
725, so having full hd on such small screen is not really necessary.

However, I notice more and more application *do* expect full HD screen
and open very large windows...

I use an openSUSE Leap 15.1. The proprietary driver refuses to install
(too recent xorg :-)), and free driver works ok on HD

any clue?

thanks
jdd
--