rotating a display

djh xorg at howorth.org.uk
Tue Dec 24 20:52:48 UTC 2019

On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 18:24:16 -0500
Eric Sokolowsky <esok127 at gmail.com> wrote:

>You can use the old style of options to rotate the screen:
>
>DISPLAY=:0 xrandr -o left

Thanks for the suggestion. I had explained in my original message how
xrandr didn't work and that was why I was looking for help.

It turned out that the problem was specific to the pi. It has two
possible video drivers apparently and the default one does not support
xrandr. I have no idea why not, nor why there are two drivers and one
is apparently broken, but after switching to the other driver,
everything now works.