Capturing all events from a presentation remote while allowing all other events to be sent normally

Eric Sokolowsky esok127 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 12:07:18 UTC 2019

Yes, I checked the status of the XIGrabDevice call. It was 0. I followed
your suggestion on using the device's id, and it does appear to work
better, at least well enough for my purposes. The only confusing thing now
is that I am getting event 35 (GenericEvent) back to my application when
the buttons on the remote are pressed. Do you have any pointers to
documentation on how I might get the key events from these?  Thanks for
your help.

Eric