Xorg.O.log (WW) message

sawbona at gmx.net sawbona at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 13:35:27 UTC 2018

Hello:
> What version of the X server are you using?
I use the latest versions available in the Devuan ASCII repositories.

[code]
groucho at devuan:~$ inxi -G
Graphics:  Card-1: NVIDIA G84GL [Quadro FX 370]
Card-2: NVIDIA G96GL [Quadro FX 580]
Display Server: X.Org 1.19.2 driver: nvidia Resolution: 3840x1024
GLX Renderer: Quadro FX 370/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.106
groucho at devuan:~$
[/code]

> .... this implies that you're using xserver 1.9 or older ...
See above.

> ... your server doesn't export the fbGetGCPrivateKey() function for some reason.
I'm afraid that's over my head, no idea what that function is for.

I wonder if it has to do with some artifacts I get on two of my screens right after I log in and
before the desktop (Xfce) finishes loading?

These artifacts do not show up again if I stop and restart the X server or if I log out and back
in. Only when I am boot/reboot the rig.

>... if you aren't enabling those I think it should be harmless.
It seems to be harmless but it is a (WW) entry.

Thanks in advance.