glamor requires at least 128 instructions (64 reported)

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Mon Sep 10 14:33:15 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-10 1:23 p.m., Felix Miata wrote:
> Michel Dänzer composed on 2018-09-10 12:15 (UTC+0200):
>> Felix Miata wrote:
>>> Michel Dänzer composed on 2018-09-10 09:24 (UTC+0200):

> [...]
>
>> If the radeon and amdgpu drivers are installed, the appropriate one is
>> used by default automagically.
>
> Do you not agree that the merger of all functionality of xf86-video-modesetting
> into the server made xf86-video-* optional software for most installed GPUs?

If I agreed with that, I wouldn't make the recommendation above.

> [...] modesetting driver, the video driver that had been if not is
> responsible for the most commits[1], [...]

FWIW, xf86-video-ati has had more than twice as many commits as the
modesetting driver over the last two years.

As for being able to use glamor, the rule of thumb is >= R600 for AMD
and IIRC >= i965 for Intel, other than that I'm not sure.