TWM is lacking libxinerama

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Sep 7 17:06:24 UTC 2018

On 09/ 6/18 06:41 PM, microsoft gaofei wrote:
> I wanted to use QEMU and games in full screen mode, but it failed with TWM.
> People say that libxinerama is needed to use full screen mode, however, TWM
> doesn't offer libxinerama.

I don't see the connection - libXinerama would let twm query the system to see
where monitor boundaries are in a multi-monitor environment, but shouldn't
affect the ability of other clients to set their window size to match the
monitor size.

In any case, twm has no active developers working on it, so I'd suggest choosing
a different window manager if you want features twm lacks.

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc