Fwd: Indirect GLX still broken

Steve Dodd steved424 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:29:38 UTC 2018

On 12 June 2018 at 10:08, Ilya Anfimov <ilan at tzirechnoy.com> wrote:

>  No, currently there is no developers willing to improve this.
>  However, you can try some proxies like virtualgl.

Is there any understanding of the root of the problem? In theory I could
start looking into it, but I'm old and ill and very out-of-date on modern
technologies like git :)

I currently have quite a lot on my plate, but will at some point try roll
backing to earlier versions, etc. as has been done in the bug report.

Thanks for the virtualgl tip - it's possible that will be the fastest
solution anyway, but I was really hoping to be able to try all the options
and pick the best! I know there was a fuss a few years ago when IGLX was
disabled by default, as some in the scientific community were using it --
is that not still the case?

Steve