new dependency for libtizcore required for mesa?

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Thu Jun 7 15:06:30 UTC 2018

On 6/7/18 10:44 AM, Michal Srb wrote:
> On čtvrtek 7. června 2018 16:15:50 CEST Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> Package libtizcore was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libtizcore.pc'
>> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> No package 'libtizcore' found
>
> This is not a problem. It seems to be optional requirement. I see the same
> message in my build log.
>
>> checking for RADEON... yes
>> checking for RADEON... yes
>> configure: error: LLVM 3.9.0 or newer is required for r600
>
> This is a problem. As it says, you need LLVM >= 3.9.0 and it did not find one.

Ah .. oops. Thanks for the reply and I should look closer before jumping
  on the "what?" button.

How very odd :

root at xorg:~# apt-get install llvm
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
llvm is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
root at xorg:~#

Yet my old build process fails looking for LLVM?

The funky Tizonia's OpenMAX IL Core thing isn't required and isn't even
in the debian package list for that matter. Fine. However llvm is
definately installed and has been for a long while.  I am just doing the
usual per the instructions at :

Testing X servers from git
http://who-t.blogspot.com/2012/05/testing-x-servers-from-git.html

That has worked since about 2013 however it has been a while since I
tried. Something odd here ... not sure what it is yet.

Dennis