How to detect (subscribe to) messages that causes screen repaint

Nikola Radovanovic nikoladsp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:06:45 UTC 2018

Hello,
Can someone please point me to some documentation/samples on how to do the
following:

I have to detect events (messages) that are issued when any of attached
screens (one or possibly more of them) will be repainted (partially or
completely). So any key press, new window, resize window, mouse move etc.

What I am trying is to write a simple VNC viewer (server) for Linux/Android
and I have not yet managed to figure out how to subscribe to such events in
order to get 'paint' message and affected rectangular area.

Thank you in advance