Screen Tearing On Haswell Intel Chip With Modesetting Driver

TheXzoron thexzoron at riseup.net
Wed Jan 17 04:58:38 UTC 2018

Hello I don't know how to use mailing lists so please forgive me if I
goof this up.

I don't know what my problem is specific to but basically no matter what
backend I use with compton I get screen tearing. Without compton there's
also tearing and I'm not aware of a switch like tearfree with the Intel
driver that exists in modesetting if there is one. I tried using the
Intel driver but it puts both of my monitors on top of each other and
changing it with arandr results in putting the virtual display way above
what is on the screen and basically requires an xorg restart to fix.

Of note is that Firefox when hardware accelerated does not tear while
everything else does

My system is running Void Linux x86_64 musl

If my problem is better answered elsewhere please direct me to the place.

Thank You

xorg.conf https://bpaste.net/show/fae3059d227b
Xorg.0.log https://bpaste.net/show/5bcad8418240