X-window crashes

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Thu Apr 12 17:29:18 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-04-11 at 13:12 -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 04/10/18 01:52 PM, Alexander.Tam at wellsfargo.com wrote:
> >
> > flexSA14523.log:The program 'flextrdr_gtk' received an X Window System error.
> >
> > flexSA14523.log-This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> >
> > flexSA14523.log-The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal
> > Xlib length erro'.
> >
> > flexSA14523.log-  (Details: serial 28147239 error_code 16 request_code 32
> > minor_code 0)
>
> Basically it's telling you there's a bug in flextrdr_gtk in which it's
> doing something that results in a call to UngrabKeyboard with an
> invalid argument.  That's likely to be a call from your program to
> something in the gtk toolkit that in turn makes that call.

BadLength though? If it was an invalid argument you'd get BadValue. And
UngrabKeyboard is a fixed-length request, we're never going to put it
on the wire with the wrong length if you call XUngrabKeyboard(). I'd
suspect that the _previous_ request had a bad length, shorter than the
data actually written, and the data at the end is misinterpreted as a
(malformed) UngrabKeyboard request.

It would be interesting to use xscope or wireshark or whatever to see
what the last requests written are.

- ajax