[xrdb] documentation error in man page

Adesh Kumar adeshk at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 14:35:21 UTC 2017

Hello Xorg,

There is an error in man page of xrdb utility. Man page says:

-remove This option indicates that the specified properties  should  be
               removed from the server

It means that we can specify properties, directly on command line or using a resource file, to be deleted. But the utility does not take arguments into consideration and deletes the entire database. Looking at source code of xrdb.c confirms this behaviour.

Either we should implement the selective deletion of entries from the resource database or correct the documentation.

Regards,
Adesh