[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-amdgpu 1.4.0

Christopher Barry christopher.barry at earborg.com
Fri Sep 8 13:12:12 UTC 2017

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 16:54:22 +0900
Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:

>I'm pleased to announce the 1.4.0 release of xf86-video-amdgpu, the
>Xorg driver for AMD Radeon GPUs supported by the amdgpu kernel driver.
>This release supports xserver versions 1.13-1.19.
>
>Highlights:
<snip...>

Thanks so much to all of you for your excellent work on these drivers.
It is exactly because of your OpenSource driver work that I will only
buy AMD GPU hardware for my needs (I'm a heavy Blender user on a triple
head system).

I hope that perspective and understanding makes it into the
consciousness of many hardware manufacturers who unfortunately still
tend to cling to their often inferior proprietary solutions.

High quality OpenSource drivers are not a threat to their business
models, but rather are a differentiator that not only opens up the
market for them, but also builds long term customer loyalty.

Thanks again,

--
Regards,
Christopher Barry