xorg.0.log repetitive entries

sawbona at xsmail.com sawbona at xsmail.com
Tue Oct 24 00:20:02 UTC 2017

Hello:

I have not been able to find a solution to my problem, so I decided
to try doing away with GDM to use XDM instead.

As a result, the problems described in my original post have gone
away.

Now my Xorg.0.log file starts at [ 56.750], ending at [ 61.292]
instead of starting at [ 58.839] and ending at [100.838] and there
are no repeated entries in the log file.

So it seems to be down to some sort of problem between the Xserver
and GDM/Nvidia drivers or maybe just GDM and the Nvidia drivers.

Another annoying issue I was having seems to have subsided completely
although it is too soon to tell for sure if this is so.

Out of nowehere and at absolutely random times, a shutdown command
would end up being a reboot.

I had not been able to reproduce the issue and had originally
assigned it to a poorly written BIOS problem (it is a Sun
Microsystems board = no support available).

There are other log entries I need to find out about but will start a
separate thread for them.

Cheers.