X does not start any more since upgrading to Debian 9.1 with NVIDIA GeForce 7100

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 6 06:33:49 UTC 2017

"Andreas Köhler" composed on 2017-10-06 08:19 (UTC+0200):

> using nouveau.config=NvMSI=0 on the kernel command line I already tried ...
> without success.

As yet you written nothing to indicate what you tried to get the modesetting
driver that works on by my old systems to work for you instead of VESA. With
Stretch, modesetting should work automatically if all direct (.deb package) and
indirect (e.g. blacklisting) NVidia bits are fully purged and
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau is not installed.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/