Can't boot VM CentOS in graphic mode

Daniel Senderowicz daniel.senderowicz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 00:53:56 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

I'm having this problem which I couldn't solve after posting it on the
CentOS and virtualbox forums, so I hope that an expert on this forum will
find an answer.

My host system is Ubuntu 16.04 (amd64). I'm running a VM Centos 7.
Everything was fine until I ran a CentOS update. The host froze, so I had
to resume the updating that apparently went OK. However when I attempted to
boot the VM Centos, I could only get an unstable black screen that goes on
and off. Just in case I updated virtualbox from 5.0 to 5.1 including the
guest additions but the situation didn't change. So I suspect that is
something got corrupted during the update. I'm linking my Xorg.0.log file
in http://paste.ubuntu.com/25881129/ . Please let me know if you need
another piece of information.

Many thanks in advance.

Daniel