Video tearing with modesetting driver and Intel Sandybridge graphics

Tino Mettler tino at tikei.de
Fri Mar 31 08:58:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

any hints what else I could try? As it seems to be related to my
dualhead setup, are there any hidden tweaks that could be used to
circumvent tearing?

One idea that came into my mind is a multi-seat setup. I have a
dedicated wireless keyboard with builtin trackpad that I use for the
projector screen.  Can I run 2 X sessions where one session uses the DVI
output, the keyboard and the mouse on the desk, and the other session
uses the HDMI output and the wireless keyboard?

Regards,
Tino