why isn't x.org part of lists.freedesktop.org (so archives are publicly available) and who was the freelancer who raised funds for doing development work on X.org

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 18:10:09 UTC 2017

Dear all,

was curious to note that x.org is/was unavailable in those lists.

Could somebody share the reason for that ?

Also I vaguely remember reading (either on phoronix.com or some other
foss graphics stack website or something about a freelancer
(non-student)  who raised money (he shared some sample code) and then
raised enough that he could carry on 2 months full-time coding work
exposing some more of the X.org internals. Later he became either an
x.org member or an x.org board member.

This happened in the last couple of years or at the year before at the
most.  He used site similar to gofundme.com and such similar sites to
get crowd-funding.

Looking forward to your response.

--
          Regards,