old touchscreen drivers

Ben Hildred 42656e at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 22:08:52 UTC 2017

Greetings and apologies,

In the real world of industrial computing you sometimes need to do some odd
things, specifically in a case of retro-computing meets state of the art I
am specifying replacement hardware for a large machine with multiple user
interface console. This is fun in that each includes of an X server and a
touch screen and I need to maintain compatibility in both ways,
specifically I need for the new X server to work with the old touch screen
and the old X server to work with the new touchscreen. The challenge that I
am working with is that at the moment is that the old touchscreen uses the
citron drivers, which
https://www.x.org/archive/individual/driver/xf86-input-citron-2.2.2.tar.gz
looks to be the most recent version (if i am wrong and there is a more
recent, please let me know) and does not compile with more recent x
servers. when I try to compile it against
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xorg/xorg-dev_7.7+19_all.deb i
get the following error (among many others):

citron.h:582:2: error: unknown type name 'LocalDevicePtr'
  LocalDevicePtr local;   /* Pointer to local device */

Searches point to this being an issue with changes introduces with ABI 12.
Since I have done no xserver programming I don't know where to start
updating this driver If you could point me to a abi changelog and
documentation for the current version, I can try to get this working.

thanks,
ben
Ben Hildred
Automation Support Services