Installation problem

Mike Jonas mjonas1 at westnet.com.au
Tue Jul 4 20:11:42 UTC 2017

Thanks for replying. "m/c" is just "machine" (that's what we called a
computer 20+ years ago). The problem has now gone away, but I didn't do
anything to make it go away - which makes me nervous that it could
return. I haven't tried your suggestions re 'xorg.conf' and
'Ctrl-Alt-F2' but I'll try them if restart fails again. - Mike.