Re: Middle button emulation...

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat Jul 1 22:48:50 UTC 2017

At Sat, 01 Jul 2017 15:16:32 +0200 "Ralf Mattes" <rm at mh-freiburg.de> wrote:

> Am Samstag, 01. Juli 2017 15:00 CEST, "Ralf Mattes" <rm at mh-freiburg.de>=
>  schrieb:
>

> > [...]>
> > You could put something loike that (most likely you dont' have a PS/2=
>  mouse :-)
> > into /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/my-mouse.conf
>
> If you don't want to wite a configutation file you can also do this wit=
> h xinput:
>
>  # Find your pointing device
>  xinput list
>
>  # find all configurable options of that device
>  xinput list-props <your-device-id>
>
>  # switch in middle button emulation
>  xinput set-prop <your-device-id> "Evdev Middle Button Emulation" 1
>
>  HTH, Ralf Mattes

The prop name was different, but this worked.  I could not figure out what to
say for "Option" in the config file. so I gave up on that.

There is some serious lack of documentation here.  Or else there does not seem
to be any way to specify this in the confguration files.  I wonder if I should
file a bug report somewhere (is there a bugzilla.xorg.org or something like
that?).

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933